Tuesday, February 14, 2012

More fun!

Hello from very chilly DC!
This past week has been a whirlwind of amazing experiences. Work continues to be very busy, but that is the way I like it. We are still in the process of endorsing women candidates which creates a lot of work for me, but my day goes by so quickly. Classes last week were also fantastic. Thursday night I went to a reception for a newly elected Congresswoman. I met a lot of fantastic people and had great food! After leaving the reception, we had tickets to the theatre. We saw a play entitled "Time Stands Still." It was a heart-wrenching drama, but I sincerely enjoyed it. We are so fortunate to have the opportunity to see such wonderful works of art...for free!

The weekend was probably my favorite weekend thus far. Friday evening we had a housemate dinner then ventured to the pub next door. Union Pub has grown to become one of our very favorite places in the city. :) Saturday, my housemate, Tricia, and I spent Saturday at the Newseum. There was so much information, we couldn't possibly tackle in one day! It also snowed on Saturday which is always a treat...sortof. We were exhausted by Saturday evening, but didn't want to miss an opportunity to explore the city! We ventured to 18th Street Lounge. A lounge only known by locals (my boss let me in on this well-kept secret). They don't advertise and there is no sign on the door, or anywhere for that matter. What an incredible spot! We will definitely visit again soon!

Sunday was spent writing a paper for class and preparing for another work week!

Yesterday (Monday) and today were so exciting at the office. NWPC president, Linda Young, was in town. She is a 5'0 southern firecracker of a woman. Loved her! She let me spend the day with her...traveling around the city, shaking important hands, eating nice lunches. It was an INCREDIBLE experience.

The rest of the week should be sufficiently exhausting! Can't wait for the weekend, but time is passing so quickly this semester...maybe I want the weeks to slow down!

Love across the miles! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment