Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tourist Action



So when I last left you, I was so exhausted from the day long scavenger hunt. I am now rested and recovered so I'll catch you all up on the last few days!

Good news-my team actually WON the scavenger hunt! We won Itunes giftcards, the exemption of one class assignment, and of course, bragging rights! :)

On Wednesday my housemates and I spent the day between touring Library of Congress and the Holocaust Museum. The Library of Congress was absolutely stunning! We saw things like a Guttenburg Bible, the contents of Lincoln's pockets the night he was assassinated, and the remaining books from Thomas Jefferson's library.


The Holocaust Museum was one of the most interesting experiences I have ever encountered. In what seemed just like a few minutes we walked through the museum. After 4 hours in the musuem, we were all emotionally exhausted. I would venture to say this is one of DC's finest museums and a must-experience when you are in the area.

That evening we had an intern reception hosted by our housing company. Putting over 100 interns in the same place was a bonding experience for us all!

The next morning we went as a group to the Smithsonian American History Museum. We met with one of the head curators that gave us some behind the scenes information of the museums. Certainly a perspective I had never considered, but it made me view museum exhibitions a bit differently.

Friday was the first day of work for most of the people in the house. My first day of work is Tuesday the 17th so I used my Friday for R&R (as if I hadn't had enough already) and a bit of exploring! I walked to my work and explored the area a little further. Friday night was my frist real night out in DC! It was fun to say the least! The nightlife here goes later than what I am used to which caused me to be super tired all day today!

Off to watch more football with the housemates.


Enjoy your Saturday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment